Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, first of all my network is very powerful even down stairs where my HTPC is as I am running an xr500 and dont have nearby neighbors either.
All my devices get fantastic 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz speeds and my Arlo Pro with the setting to max IQ gets smooth rates (sure 720p but still). Yet the Arlo Q is not smooth even at 720p in nightvision mode. It is laggy which means is someone keeps moving it is hard to catch a clear frame.
It seems to not be the first time this has been mensioned so am I out of luck??
My idea was the Q for indoors and a couple of Pro 2 for outdoors since I was more impressed with the Q image quality..that is until it is night vision and someone is moving on the frame.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check the actual wifi level at the Q plaement location.... or temp move it around to several places to see if it changes anything...

Or it may have a hardware problem... I don't see this on mine.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is not a wifi issue, is a night vision issue.
I tested this by starting a video in night vision and walking into the room. The video was showing me with the motion blur problem BUT the moment I turn on the light and night vision is gone, then I am all smooth again.

This camera is going back 😕

Guess I am going to try the Pro 2 next and if that does not work, I am kind of stuck of what to try next. Maybe the Reolink C1 for indoors and Argus 2 for out doors but I really wanted this setup to work.

DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same exact issue with my Arlo Qs.  I have three of them in my home and they all have the same ghosting/image blur issue with moving objects.  I also have very good wifi coverage and bandwith on the 5GHz signal.  It seems to be intermittent with mine though.   There are good days and bad days with the image blur.  Even in normal lighting conditions it can sometimes have the blur or be perferctly clear.  So I think that it is definitely something on the backend side of things and dependent on which server you are on.  It is very frustating considering I don't have this issue with my Arlo Pros.  Like you said, it has been mentioned before by others regarding the Qs motion image blur.  I'm hoping that they can resolve this issue.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah I ended up returning mine. Went with Pro 2 camers and waiting to see how the 4k looks. Not impressed with the "1080p" iq of the Pro 2 but I already tried other options like reolink and guess Arlo is the less bad of the wireless options lol

Sonata
Guide
Guide

I have four and was happy with them despite the app regularly crashing and geo-locating not being consistent (figuring these issues would be fixed down the road), but only just in the past few days have I been able to really test movement and in all four locations; in well lit condition, or medium light, darkly lit, or black (night vision) there is extreme ghosting and horrible rendering of the subject in motion.  The image is completely satisfactory when there is no movement.  The motion detection and other features are pretty well thought out.  I like the system, but the hardware has a big problem capturing motion.  For what I paid for these I am confronted with having to return all four cameras. 😞