Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
maw1007
Follower
Follower

Hello,

The geofencing functionality was working great until about two weeks ago.  Now it will not automatically arm/disarm when I exit/enter a the geofence.  I have to open the app and arm/disarm manually.  What changed?  How do I get it to work properly?  My neighbor has an Arlo system and she is having the same problem.  I did try removing and re-installing the app but no change.  Location services are "on".  I have an Iphone 6S.  Any insight on how to get this feature working is much appreciated.  This is the one feature that I really need to work. 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
dfg445
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue after the newest update. Geofencing stopped working on every single iPhone. Netgear really needs to fire the iOS engineers. They've done a mistake and affected thousands of users. The testing team also need to be fired.

I am in a software company. Our app product also requires automatic updated geo location for some functions. Our team only have 2 iOS engineers and we never experiences non-working or inaccurate geo location issue. It's really not difficult at all to make geo location working right. Netgear, please fire the current iOS team and hire somebody competent. Your current team really bring your fame down.

adr0ck6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Very disappointing and very annoying. It worked perfectly for a month or so. Now nothing. Arlo, what’s the deal?
swinokur
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app mysteriously started working today. Did Netgear do something on the back end?

dfg445
Aspirant
Aspirant

It mysteriously started sort of working for me. But, the map view clearly shows me 17 miles away from the zone, but the geo fencing is still showing in zone.

IMG_1028.PNGIMG_1027.PNG