Factory reset my Arlo Q and it still doesn't work

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
msonia_cardenas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Everyone! Hoping someone has the solution. Purchased this device more than 6 months ago, didnt use it, and now it doesnt work. Ive followed the instructions on-line, reset the device, chatted with netgear reps twice (the 2nd one suggested that I disconnect, reconnect my internet, etc) and results are the same - it still doesnt work. Any other ideas? Has this happened to anyone out there in the Arlo world of surveillance cameras? Thanks in advance for any response that can get this to work. 

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What part does not work?

Cant add the device, does not sync, does not show video etc. etc.

GIve us the exact steps you have followed so far.

msonia_cardenas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything you mentioned, does not work. The step AFTER holding the camera to face the bar code, the device is not recognized. Tried on two different devices - phone and PC, same result. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The camera and the device being used to set it up must be on the same wifi network.

Also, make sure that you are typing in the SSID exactly as it is displayed taking note of lower or upper case characters.

If your Q is running older software then it may also not like an SSID with special characters in it.

In that case try and use an SSID of a guest network on both devices just to setup the camera and to download the latest firmware. You can then set it back to the main SSID if you wish.