Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable access to be restricted by time, with no access to archive data

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carrots-little
Guide
Guide

We use the Arlo Q as a baby cam, pointed right at the playpen, which is next to our bed. We'd like for our nanny to be able to watch the live footage during the day too, but unfortunately she has to be completely left out of the Arlo loop. As the user access currently goes, she'd either be able to see everything that goes on in the bedroom around the clock, or we'd have to turn off the camera entirely when she's not on duty. This is also not ideal because we often look at the IR footage from across the room at night on mobile devices.

I see that this was suggested some years ago for similar situations. Is it still in the works?

It seems like the only "solution" is to have two cameras, one for us and one for the nanny, and to have the nanny's camera completely disarmed outside of her working hours. Is this what you'd recommend?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carrots-little,

This can be done by setting up the Grant Access feature to share access to the camera. You can toggle off the camera within the primary accounts Grant Access settings to disable sharing during the desired times. For more information, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

carrots-little
Guide
Guide

Thanks! I know we can toggle access during certain hours. However, it still seems like a user "without access" can still access library video from movement from all hours, not just live (or during their access hours). Can the library access (for specific hours and days) also be restricted?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carrots-little,

Currently, restrictions beyond what the Grant Access feature allows aren't possible. You can find a full list of what is accessible here: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

carrots-little
Guide
Guide

The posted "solution" is not a solution to the question/problem posted! Please keep this open as an outstanding request. We do not want to disarm the camera in order to prevent another user from viewing archive feeds that are recorded outside their access-granted hours. 

carrots-little
Guide
Guide

Also, we'd want to disable access at the same times every day, but it doesn't look like there's a way to schedule that rather than having to enable/disable access manually every day at (for example) 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can always post a suggestion in the Feature Request area here. Otherwise you get what we all get, whether you like it or not.
carrots-little
Guide
Guide

Is that not what I did? My later replies were clarifying the question, because the suggested solutions didn't solve it. It wasn't clear to me that the question had been understood, given that. But thanks for not adding any information and being snide.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carrots-little,

I understand you're looking for more control over the Grant Access feature. While the features you are specifically looking for are not currently available, I recommend posting them here as they are great ideas: Arlo Idea Exchange

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the idea exchange for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system. Other community users can also review your idea and if they agree/like the idea, they can add Kudos showing their support. This encourages the development team to look more closely at the most popular ideas.

JamesC