Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do Arlo Pro and Pro 2 share the same power cable as Arlo Q?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
threeoverpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, all! I need a bit longer cable for one of our Arlo Q cameras upstairs, but I cannot find the cables available in the Arlo Store. I did, however, find Arlo Pro/Pro 2 cables, though they say they are “currently not available”; therefore, I have a couple questions:

1) Do the Arlo Pro/Pro 2 share the same power cables and power blocks as the Arlo Q? If so, what type of USB cable do I need?
2) If not, it looks to me like the Arlo Q uses an ordinary USB Type A to Mini-B cable; is this correct? Or is there something special about it?

Thank you, in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to try a number of longer cables from 3rd parties to see what ones are long enough and aldo fit into the micro-USB hole. It's just to pass power so the length isn't terribly important as long as you avoid the cheap cables which use thinner wires. I would guess that any cable that fits a Pro camera would work in a Q, too.

And, to be clear, it's a MICRO-USB connection, not mini. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to try a number of longer cables from 3rd parties to see what ones are long enough and aldo fit into the micro-USB hole. It's just to pass power so the length isn't terribly important as long as you avoid the cheap cables which use thinner wires. I would guess that any cable that fits a Pro camera would work in a Q, too.

And, to be clear, it's a MICRO-USB connection, not mini. 

threeoverpar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate the response; that’s what I needed to know! Thank you!