Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hanyshanata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disappointed with the Arlo VMC3040r6 2 way talk

Its the worst feature, The screen is great and motion working great with Smartthings but the 2way talk is bad.

I have 1GB Fiber internet, the router is 10 feet awat from the Cam, The cam is always on power, i Have an iPhone XR and Mac Laptops. BTW I'm an IT Prof.

When i click the mic icon to start talking i see connecting then finally connects. then when i press and hold to talk ( once i press I can't hear anything from the other side) i remove my finger and i can hear the other side again then i wait couple seconds and i lose the sound but i can see that the others are hearing something, they complain about what they are hearing and mostly keeps cutting that they dont understand anything. My phone and app is up to date not sure what else to do. I have ring doorbell and their 2 way talk is great, it just like makeing call and everyone can hear with no issues or audio problem, its connected to same network also its around 50 feet waya from router.

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the camera & test this again?

Hanyshanata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure I tried many times.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Hanyshanata
Aspirant
Aspirant

No one called me or reach out till now.

Hanyshanata
Aspirant
Aspirant

?

Hanyshanata
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I can just return this and get my money back. I cant return to seller anymore.

Alnjaxson
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. I've tried everything they've suggested. The amount of complaints the 2 way has is unreasonable for there to be no fix yet. People have been complaining since 2017 about it. My note 8 works occasionally but it still comes out in broken up sentences. My wife's galaxy 9 doesnt work at all for 2 way. No one even responded to my post about this issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Alnjaxson

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Alnjaxson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have spoken to tech support a couple of times. Didn't help sadly...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Alnjaxson

The Customer support team has reached out to you within your case, asking if you are still experiencing the issue with 2 way talk. 

Alnjaxson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes we are. My phone is a note 8 that gets broken reception. My wife has a galaxy 10 that wont work with the mics at all.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Alnjaxson

Make sure to provide any updates requested to your support case, so the team can further investigate your issue.