Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't turn off Arlo Q camera LED. Showing purple LED blinking.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
gustavocm
Follower
Follower

I have turn off the camera light, in the app and alse tried on the computer (device/settings/LED Light) and it is still on, I don't know what to do, it is very anoying, specially at night. Right now we see the purple light blinking.

We have tried everything and it is still ON...

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are at the or near max range ( low wifi signal ), the led can flash... this is not turned off by the setting in the app/web

https://kb.arlo.com/1004284/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-Q-camera-mean

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mbenadiba
Tutor
Tutor

It would be really nice if the Camera LED Disable switch in the App actually disabled the LED regardless of the condition of the camera.

I have an Arlo Q PLUS PoE camera in my babys bedrooms and randomly the purple light will come on, then go away. No reason for it, they are hard wired and my internet is not down. The lights scare my babies and wake up.

Bjones9378
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wondering if there was a solution found for this issue?  There are intermitten times when the camera's purple light will come on as a steady light.   I believe purple means that it has lost its internet connection but I don't see how that's possible when it's hard-wired via an ethernet connection.   I noticed here one other person had this issue!   Is there a solution?  What's the issue?

mbenadiba
Tutor
Tutor
Pretty sure the issue here is with Arlo servers. In all instances where this happens to me and most others their home Internet is in fact not down.

Bottom line is when arlo can't connect to servers the purple light comes on. I have two arlo cams and this happens to both at the same time. But internet access is fine.

Sometimes arlo servers are unreachable and the purple light comes on.

Would be great if the purple light could be disabled as many use the hardwired cam as a baby cam. I especially want hard wired to limit rf radiation in my baby bedrooms.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solid purple means no connection to the Internet. Since this can be an issue with the signal strength/quality of the WiFi connection, I'd start with that. If the servers weren't responding, we would be hearing a lot more squawking that just this. You may need to try a different frequency (i.e. 5GHz vs. 2.4GHz) for the connection or even reposition the camera and/or router. Even if the camera is fairly near the router, that doesn't necessarily mean the signal is good, especially on 2.4GHz.

mbenadiba
Tutor
Tutor

The camera is an Arlo Q Plus and is hardwired from a PoE Switch. So there is no Wifi signal issue in my case anyway.

Perhaps there is some other transient issue affecting the camera's ability to access Arlo servers which may be ISP related or whatever, but the bottom line is, if these cameras are used in a dark room with babies, it would be great if the Purple light did not come on if the LED Setting was already in the OFF position. 

Regardless of what is causing the purple light, it is temporary and resolves itself, and the true source may never be found as it can be different for different people.  However, the annoyance of a light coming on can easily be fixed by respecting the Camera LED Off setting for ALL LED scenarios including the loss of connectivity Purple light.