Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect Arlo Q's to base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
reking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased two Arlo Q's when they first came out many a year or so ago, but never connected them to my system. I just got around to doing it yesterday but am having trouble getting them to sync up. I eventually reset the base station (which is the standard base station packaged with the 4 wireless arlo cameras). Basically I go all the way through the process of showing the QR code and getting the chime, but then it just hangs there trying to connect. I have reset both cameras multiple times to no avail. Anything I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

reking wrote:

I purchased two Arlo Q's when they first came out many a year or so ago, but never connected them to my system. I just got around to doing it yesterday but am having trouble getting them to sync up. I eventually reset the base station (which is the standard base station packaged with the 4 wireless arlo cameras). Basically I go all the way through the process of showing the QR code and getting the chime, but then it just hangs there trying to connect. I have reset both cameras multiple times to no avail. Anything I am missing?

Maybe...

But resetting the base prob isn't necessary.... the Q cameras actually sync to your home wifi only ( tho they appear in the program when logged in ).

First thing is to RESET the Q camera... Hold in the reset for about 10 secs till the front led flashes ( and it will "click" ).

After this try the setup again.

If this still doesn't work.... because they are older , you may still have older SW on the cameras. Older versions wouldn't sync up if special charactors were used in the SSID/Password to your router wifi... ( anything not normal letters/numbers ).  You may have to change your wifi password first to get Qs to sync and get the newer SW.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Or enable the guest WiFi, if your router supports it. Use a very generic SSID and passphrase. Once the firmware is updated, remove the guest WiFi, reset the cameras and sync again.