Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
britdog
Star
Star

I have 3 cameras that were working fine until recently and now are showing up as Offline, so I cannot view live video. However, I am still getting motion alerts and motion videos in the Library. 

They are at another location, so I cannot reset them manually. 

What's going on and what can I do to fix this situation?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'd suggest restarting the base station remotely but I'm worried you might lose everything

britdog
Star
Star

Thanks for responding. 

I don't have a base station. The camaras directly connect with my wifi. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy chance you can restart them using Settings, My Devices, your cameras?  If not, only physical presence will help.

ALso, try both the app and a browser in case it's an issue with just one.

britdog
Star
Star
The restart option is not available and I'm having the issue across multiple browsers, different PCs and the app on two phones.
This is ridiculous, as I bought these cameras (5 in total) to monitor my two houses, which are far apart. Having to physically rest them totally negates the purpose for which I bought them...REMOTE monitoring.

Netgear, you have to make this right, as I have $1000 invested in this solution, which is not serving its intended purpose.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since these are powered cameras, a possible solution would!D be to use a WiFi switch such as the WeMo. That way you could plug the camera into the switch and remotely power cycle the camera if needed. No idea what happened although a power outage, however brief, could be an explanation​.
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

britdog wrote:
The restart option is not available and I'm having the issue across multiple browsers, different PCs and the app on two phones.
This is ridiculous, as I bought these cameras (5 in total) to monitor my two houses, which are far apart. Having to physically rest them totally negates the purpose for which I bought them...REMOTE monitoring.

Netgear, you have to make this right, as I have $1000 invested in this solution, which is not serving its intended purpose.

I would not use the restart option in the app. I tried this last night for the first time as, beginning a week ago, every single evening my Q starts flashing purple LED which indicates wifi connectivity issue. However wifi tester and all other devices held at same spot have no issue and well within good range. I usually unplug camera at night now as flashing LED is annoying to say the least. Camera could still be viewed live and record by the way. Not an ideal solution so when I had some time I used the reset option in the app. I ended up having to go through the entire sync process again so DO NOT use reset/restart if you can not physically hold up the darn QR code in front of the camera.

As the Q connects automatically when I plug it back in every morning, the idea jguerdat has about the Wemo switch seems like it might work since power cycling the camera doesn't mean you need to resync it.

HOWEVER, as this shouldn't happen or there should be a better answer than spending another sum of money on someone else's products and another app, please turn in a SUPPORT TICKET so Netgear knows it is an issue and can respond to you directly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the restart button int the app occasionally for my Q with no problem.  I do get the occasional purple WiFi LED but if it bothers you, a small piece of tape over it will keep it from being seen.