Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR vs. Advanced Business Subscription Plan

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm puzzled. I've called Netgear 3 times over this, and I get no satisfactory answer. I have been told here and on the phone that the Arlo Q records continously (i.e. 24/7). I can subscribe to 2 plans (each plan has varations as to days of storage, which I will ignore for this question).

Plan 1: I can get 14 days of storage for up to 16 cameras for $10.75 a month.

Plan 2: I can get 14 days of CVR storage for 1 camera $9.99 a month. If more than 1 plan is purchased the additional plans are 50% off.

These planse are found on Arlo's page here.

I need 6 cameras. If Arlo Q records continously then Plan 1 gives me 6 cameras recording 24/7 for $10.75 a month. Plan 2 costs $34.97 for the exact same service. Which would you choose? (In actuality I only need 7 days of storage, so I can accept the $0 basic plan!)

I can't believe Plan 1 is storage for continous recordings.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

loremipsum,

14 days of storage is different than 14 days of CVR.

14 days of CVR provides an entire uninterrupted stream for the past 14 days of what that camera views, not just motion detection events. While Arlo Q is always recording, you must be subscribed to CVR for that recording to be saved and viewed.

Plan 1 provides 14 days of storage for saved motion detection events for up to 16 cameras, this means only recordings when motion detection is triggered is saved, not the entire stream.

JamesC

loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why would someone need video where there's no motion?

I have areas that have constant motion for 12 out of 24 hours. If I just have the 14 days of storage (for motion) what is the limit on storage? (I understand a limit isn't enforced at the moment, but it could be in the future.)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

loremipsum,

Storage limits are listed in the plan description for each plan.

The plan you are referencing is the Advanced plan:

-14 Days of video memories in cloud

-(Records when motion/event detected. Up to 20GB)

-Up to 16 cameras

-Unlimited Support

JamesC

loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information @JamesC. That information is not shown where I saw the plans listed on their website.

What happens when you hit 20 gb? Does it just erase the first gb of video? Does it stop recording?

TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice
When you reach your limit no more videos will be recorded until you manually delete them, or they will expire 14 days after recording.
https://youtu.be/u77X5R31850