Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR and motion event clip show different times

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone provide an email address for arlo support?  The web form does not work on any browser I've tried, and I just sit on hold with the phone number listed.  I just want to email someone my issue so they can eventually get back to me.  It should not be this difficult.  Thanks.

FYI on the issue for completeness - the motion detection notifications I recieve have a time listed, say 2:09:50.  My CVR feed, at that same time, does not have the event that the clip shows.  Sometimes I can find the event with a few minutes of the time listed (usually prior), but not always.  And given there is (inexplicably) no fast forward capability, and (inexplicably) no time stamp on the actual video frame, I can not always resolve what acutally happened at what time. 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the camera by pulling power.

All contact methods are found in the Contact Support link at the bottom here.  There is no direct email capability.  If the form isn't working, what is the error?  Have you tried both the app and a browser?

smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried the app too.  Both are the same error - a white frame that says "Error.  An error occurred while processing your request."  No error code listed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smithee,

Are you using this link? http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Are you still seeing the same behavior after restarting the camera?

JamesC

smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it was that link.  And there has been a restart prior to this, same issue has happened before and after.  Isn't 100% of the time though, so hard to pinpoint.

I did have some luck with the chat option though, but unfortunately netgear central reads my camera as offline, even though it isn't for me.  I will do a restart some time soon, and when/if the issue presents again I will contact support again.

Thanks for the reply.

EDatGD
Aspirant
Aspirant

ANYONE knbow the direct email for Support?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/en-arlo-q/message-id/4331#

Have tried theior link over and over on multiple devices and PCs and NOTHING.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no email address to support.  All methods are listed in the Contact Support link below here.

I just tested the online submission form (the "email" form) using a W10 computer and Chrome with no issues.

smithee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just FYI for support:

I trid to use the contact form again with Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit), and IE 11.0.9600.18697.  Received the 'Error {crLF} An Unexpected Error Has Occured.'  In the wild this form does not appear to be working for all customers.  (FYI - I unenabled all ad blocking/autoplay in chrome before attmpting.)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'll try raising this with higher ups.