Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Unable to Load Stream or clip file

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem continues (see AWS Error attached).  I have CVR on one camera, I get a motion alert.  I go to CVR to see what activity preceded that motion and I get an error viewing it!  Move back and forth on CVR and at the same point in the recording it can't be viewed.  Doesn't matter if its via a browser or on iOS.   Is the camera incapable of taking the clip of motion AND doing CVR AND alerting me?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know what it means but I see a "crossdomain access denied" in your error message. Is there something about your network that might cause this?

SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know what it means either.   At the present time my cameras are at a remote location.  I am at work viewing the CVR.  The network at work could be the problem so I am going to try at home to view the CVR of the same remote location and see if it makes a difference. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of the app on cell service may be useful at work since work networks have proven problematic.

SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried on my home network (nothing special, out of the box COMCAST provided) to access the CVR but still have the issue at the same point in the playback. Both my iPhone, iPad and MAC (wifi connected) the CVR gets to the same point of the M3U8 cross domain error and just stops playing and jumps back to the midnight.  The domain error message doesn't actually display, that is something I only see on WIndows and in each browser (IE, Edge and Chrome).    Firefox (61.0.1) won't display the cameras or the CVR, looks like flash issue. I won't even both with that browser with Arlo.

I also tried using cellular on my phone but unfortunately the ARLO app won't load the CVR prior to midnight same day.,  just black screen) so I can't view time frame in question.

Really don't know how else to troubleshoot.  Googling "M3U8 cross domain" yields lots of hits but no definitive answers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AT this point, I'd try removing CVR from the camera and then adding it back in. Maybe trying it on a different camera would be useful. If it works on other cameras but not that one, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it.

I suppose a total reset of the system may be needed if all else fails...