Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the CVR service be set to only record 24 hours for select days, like the weekday? I need continous 24 hour recording Monday - Friday, but on the weekend I only need motion detection.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. However, it really doesn't matter since it doesn't consume any resource required of you.

loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm worried about the total monthly bandwidth used.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Q is always streaming regardless of the CVR subscription. Being subscribed (or not) to CVR will not change the bandwidth used. The CVR subscription only allows the stream to be saved based on the subscription length (14 or 30 days).

JamesC

loremipsum
Aspirant
Aspirant

If Arlo Q is always streaming, then why is buying CVR an option? Not only that, but if you go to https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx and selection the business tab there are plans you can purchase. I'm assuming these are plans for motion only capturing.

I need 6 cameras, but I can't have 6 cameras recording 24/7 because of bandwidth concerns. I need 3 that record on motion only.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Constant streaming is what gives you the prebuffering seen where you get to see what happens before the actual video based on motion detection. CVR gives you the whole stream.