Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Browser cannot view timeline. Will show only live view.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I pay for the 2 weeks of CVR for my Arlo Q.  I noticed that on my iOS app, I can view anything in my timeline without too much hassle.  Sometimes it breaks and has gaps but whatever.   My current issue is that I am trying to view the timeline using my desktop browser (Mac OS Mojave) with Chrome or Safari.  Any day in the past will only show the live view.  If I set it to yesterday, or 7 days ago, it still just shows the current live view.  When I move around the cursor for the timestamp, nothing happens.  

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this on my W10 computer with no problems using Chrome. Is everything updated, OS and browser? Have you rebooted the computer and flushed the browser caches?

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, my devices are up to date.  I also checked on my Windows 10 desktop with chrome and another macbook pro.  I get the same issue every time.  I only get 24 hours of timeline to view.  All mobile devices can view the 2 weeks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey png,

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and trying on incognito mode to see if that helps?

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just reset all browser cookies and cache on all 3 computers.  Even installed Firefox.  Issue still persists.  Called customer service and they escalated to level 2 yesterday.  They said they will fix it in 24-48 hours.  Hope another 24 hours helps.  For now my 2 week cvr is a 1 day cvr for desktop. 

It's super frustrating since the new Arlo app removed the timestamp overlay, the only place to get it now is through a screen recording of the web browser. 

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

48 hours later, without a resolution.  I suppose it's fair that the help desk doesn't work on weekends.   We'll see how next week works.  Is it possible to get a refund for every day of footage I pay for but can't actually view?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems with not able to view the timeline on your browsers, I'd recommend to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip Jessica.  I contacted them twice last week and have open case numbers.  I think third time will be a charm.   

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message since you mentioned you have a few cases opened.