Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto disarm Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Howell2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought I read a detailed review that said the Arlo Q could be configured to auto disarm when a registered cell phone is in range or on same wifi network.  Or maybe it was only the Arlo Q Plus.  Or maybe there is no such feature on either?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Howell2 wrote:

I thought I read a detailed review that said the Arlo Q could be configured to auto disarm when a registered cell phone is in range or on same wifi network.  Or maybe it was only the Arlo Q Plus.  Or maybe there is no such feature on either?

The Arlo cameras and Q have currently a Geo-Zone feature in beta...( not a completed project ).

It does work well with a single phone but there have been a few problems with multi phones and other small quirks. Read some of the Geo-zone threads to get a better idea.

Your GPS function and the app must be running in the background for this to function.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Howell2 wrote:

The Arlo cameras and Q have currently a Geo-Zone feature in beta...( not a completed project ).

It does work well with a single phone but there have been a few problems with multi phones and other small quirks. Read some of the Geo-zone threads to get a better idea.

Your GPS function and the app must be running in the background for this to function.

Howell2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I finally found that feature and set it up.  I haven't left the area yet, so not sure if it works.  I've been very dissappointed in the entire GUI both web-based and android app.  For a company the size of Netgear to have clunky, unintuitive apps for an othersise capable product is unfortunate.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a side note.... if the GPS or Geo zone is working spotty.

Make the zone area around your home a bit larger to account for some slow aquiring GPSs