Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
widewater4848
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I want to urn off the camera when we are home, so that other family members cant spy from their office - its an interesring life ! I cant find a way to do this by creating Modes so any ideas will be very welcome. Thanks for your help guys.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First off, change your password and remove them from any guest accounts.

Otherwise, you could use geofencing to do this. You need to set that up with a mobile device. It's in the Mode tab along with your other modes.
widewater4848
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JGuerdat but I'm a newbee - are you able to offer a little more detail please? My family needs access to all the Armed functions, but I just dont want any of us checking the live feed when others are at home. That is, when Geofence has disarmed the Alerts.  Insteasd of just disabling Alerts, I'd like the Home mode to set the camera to Off. If you can give step by step sugggesrions, that would be very useful and I'm sure others will benefit too, as I have heard other camera users have similar concerns about the coninual live feed feature.  thaks again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can't use GF to turn the cameras off but you can disarm them so no recordings are made. Unfortunately, that allows others to be able to use live view. Perhaps removing the additional privileges in Grant Access would be sufficient. In the end, I think you need to redefine who needs what access.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check out below;

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

Friends who are granted access rights can do the following:

• Play and pause video footage
  • Record video footage
  • Mute the speaker
  • Enter full-screen view
  • View live footage
  • Zoom and drag video footage
  • Control brightness
  • Access and change modes
  • View motion detection statuses
  • Manually record
  • Take snapshots
  • Favorite, share, download, and delete video footage

Friends without access rights can do the following:

• Play and view library content
  • View live footage
  • Zoom and drag video footage
  • Control brightness
  • Enter full-screen view

For more information about granting privileges to other Arlo users, see the following knowledge base articles:

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------