Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Follower

Arlo would rather see a paid subscriber cancel then replace faulty hardware.

My Arlo Q ended up with the dreaded Solid Amber light issue. 1 year, 3 months into ownership.

Support said there's nothing they can do. Reset doesn't work. New power adapter and cable don't work. It's outside' the hardware warranty.

I suppose if you like spending hundreds of dollars on cam equipment prone to failure within a couple years, and a company that would rather not replace faulty equipment, at least for PAID subscribers, you've come to the right spot!

I cancelled my subscription on the spot; to think I was considering upgrading. I can no longer morally recommend Arlo, which as a tech guy I am that guy others rely on to make good, honest recommendations. A real disappointment here from Arlo.

Oh, and let's not forget that tech support does not have access to when they pushed out hardware updates to a device that's no longer connected. Meaning, as I suspect may have happened here, that if thier hardware update crashes your cam, that's on YOU, and no way to prove otherwise. How convenient!!

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 1 of 1