Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlodog6578
Star
Star
  1.  Today I’ve noticed when I go to my Arlo Q library the clips show at the right length. 20 seconds, 15 seconds they show the right length in the library. When I open up the Clips to view the clip it says that the clip is one hour and 46 minutes long. When you play back the clip it only has the correct amount of time 20 or whatever length and may be in the library view. After the action finishe the image freezes and the video keeps playing.  This has started today and it happens with every single clip.  The cameras also failed to pick up some events today. Not sure if that’s related or not. Is anyone else having an issue?  I’ve got the latest iOS update.
267 REPLIES 267
Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well my 3 outdoor cams are mounted under the eaves of the roof, so I'm not worried about direct water penetration. I do have 1 other Pro-2 away from the house using the Arlo solar charger for power. I quess time will tell if Arlo's 90° plug will keep the mini USB connection dry. BTW, the Wasserstein cable is only $13.00, not $20.00  

And brother, I hear your pain. I'm in the same boat as you regarding this fiasco. For me, considering what I have invested, it's to late to back out now.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
FYI. An update for the Arlo app for Android phones was available today. I don't auto update my apps, so I have to go and do it manually. And I saw Arlo app on the list.of updates
We shall see if anything changes....

I've gone through many Arlo Q cameras trying to find one for which of those zones worked. Not a single one of them had working Zones. Just wondering if anyone has gotten zones to work on their Arlo Q?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only one Q but my zone seems to be working well to eliminate road traffic. I did delete and recreate that zone a week or so agao.

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have zones setup on all of my Q and Q plus's and and while the zones cut down the false alerts, I still get 1-3 a day from my cat walking around even though she is walking in areas not in the zones.

TheGuy123
Aspirant
Aspirant
The video gets stuck when I play the video, but it has the sound?
This happened a lot of time on my 3 cameras
mmacek
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q camera's stared doing the same thing about a month or two ago. I also noticed happening at the same time the video length count is wrong. I set the recording time to 30 sec, and it displays sometimes 1 hour, 5 hours etc The sound will also get stuck as well.

TheGuy123
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes exactly same as mine. It some times display hours for the video
mmacek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sometimes it works properly, but only 40% if the time. It used to work perfectly all the time up until lately. I have 2 camera’s happens on both...
Maximus_0
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and it basically makes my Arlo Q unusable since at least 50% of videos are chopped like this.

here is a video example

i tried 480p and 720p, i've also tried to remove the zone. Nothing works. this is clearly a technical problem which only Arlo's support can solve and they better do it fast.

unclev
Star
Star

Downloaded the new app, Issue seemed to be rectified for one day. Today all is back to the way it was....broken with clips times wrong and missing audio. I'm glad I found Nest becasue their devices actually work as designed. I hope everyone here learns from this that Netgear is clearly not the way to go! Maybe they will get this resolved by the start of summer. LOL

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep - same here - my web interface broke all records today by showing a 2 minute clip as a 6 hour clip. Impossible to review. We should all start posting on the Arlo Instagram and FB page because they clearly don't care about anything here.  5 weeks in and not one official announcement or apology to customers by email or on their website.  Just a weak we know its broken and its a high priority type message.

ChrisPark
Guide
Guide
Well after working for a couple of days - the issue is back on my Arlo q again! Video length now showing at 65hrs long! Unusable footage if camera is triggered! This needs fixing ASAP - people are depending on these cameras to add a level of security to their homes!
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
Yes, similar story here. The app update was supposed to take care of the issue where it kept logging me out. That didn't change one bit. Still kicks me out of the app when I haven't looked at it for a little while

The day after the app update, I was able to login from my laptop and stay logged in in the morning. So I had a brief glimmer of hope. But by afternoon everything was back to the way it was where I can't log in at all from the laptop.

All my Arlo Qs still intermittently have the clip length issue, among other things. Plus I noticed that it can't seem to even handle when I am walking somewhat quickly in front of the camera. My image is all blurry on the video, and you can't make out my face at all, even when I am very close to the camera and I'm not even particularly fast.... so if someone breaks into my house and is walking around somewhat briskly, the Arlo Q is useless! Does anyone else have that problem?

And of course my Pro 2's intermittently have the clip length, sound, and usability issues as well still.
Maximus_0
Aspirant
Aspirant

good news! last two days my Q functions as it should. i don't remember everything that i've done, but here's what i remember:
1. removed the zone;
2. changed resolution from 480p to 720p;
3.there is also this setting (check the attached file), which might have something to do with the problem.

Ajturton1985
Apprentice
Apprentice

DEAR NETGEAR. PLEASE READ AND LISTEN.

YOUR POOR SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE RUINING YOUR PRODUCTS.

I AM FED UP.

Employ better software engineers

Fix the issues

Test the issues before release.

Release in a controlled manner rather than thisrecent travesty where you replace 1 problem with another one.

I ENCOURAGE ANYONE READING THIS AS OF 31 MARCH 2018. DO NOT BUY NETGEAR ARLO.

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's pretty clear to all of us now that Netgear / Arlo don't give a damn about their customers as they continue to remain silent and the few informal comments we've had from telephone support etc. almost seem to have an air of smugness about how great their support is that its "only" been 5 weeks of broken systems.

My cameras broke all records this morning and managed to make a 2 minute clip display as a 9 hour clip!  Totally useless and impossible to scrub through.

If anyone from Netgear / Arlo is reading this (unlikely) here's what you should have done in week 1....

Sent a notice to all registered customers by email and also posted on your website/social media...

"Dear Arlo customers,

We have discovered that during a recent update certain functionality of your cameras have been impacted which render some functionality unusable.  We are sincerely sorry for this problem and have graded this a priority 1 issue which we hope to have fixed in the next couple of days.  We will post regular updates to keep you updated on our progress.  We know you chose Arlo cameras because of their great functionality and total security solution. While we always strive to roll out properly tested patches and updates sometimes mistakes will and do happen. It is how we recover from such mistakes that demonstrate our commitment to our customers and the success of our brand.  Thank you for sticking with us as we resolve this issue and we hope to have your systems back to 100% functionality in a couple of days!"

BUT - I guess no one at Arlo wants to take the 2 minutes it takes to write something like this.

Shame.

ArloIoT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Baby Arlo currently on 1.8.4.5_18322 firmware and iOS 11.3 running the latest Arlo app.

The video thumbnails within the library show the correct duration, ie 30 secs. However, when I select it to play the duration shows as 4:13:15(!!!). If I play or download the video it still shows as 4:13:15 but after the correct duration has played the image just freezes and it’s just noise!

Annoying!
Ajturton1985
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 weeks!?! More like 6 months.

Before this issue there was no audio in recording and garbled CVR
Ajturton1985
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Netgear

Arlo q still not recording properly. Videos freeze about 20 seconds in.

Sort it.
redking79
Star
Star

The problem with the incorrect video length (time) has been going on for over six weeks now.  I would return your Baby Arlo as soon as possible.

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo contacted me today via Instagram and said the firmware fix was rolled out last week and its all fixed now. So...is everyone here experiencing correct time duration being reported? They said if its still not working...contact Arlo for tech support.  Looking forward to hearing what others have to say.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
Hi, thanks for the update!

Hmmm.... not quite sure what they think they fixed.... I have both many Arlo Q's and Pro 2's. I first noticed the issue on my Arlo Q's. And it spread to my Pro 2's.

I know that my Pro 2's still had this problem as recently as yesterday, April 1. I'll have to double check my Arlo Q's because I've gotten into the habit of unplugging them as much as possible just to reduce my blood pressure.... I'm going to post on the parallel Pro 2 thread to see if other Pro 2's are still having this problem.

Is it just my imagination, or is the video quality worse than before? Is that the fix to reduce video quality so that problems are reduced?

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just finished talking to Arlo support. As most have said here - the problem is NOT fixed.  they tell me now there is NO ETA on a fix. They don't know why it was posted by Arlo on Instagram that it was fixed.  This company would be a joke only none of this is funny.

Maximus_0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guys, seriously, read my comment. Remove the zone, restart your device. It worked for me!

Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Maximus_0wrote:

Guys, seriously, read my comment. Remove the zone, restart your device. It worked for me!

If that really works for the Arlo-Q, then you "Q" people have a lucky work around.. Removing or recreating the zones on the Arlo Pro2 and/or restarting the Pro2 doesn't fix the problem at all.