Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q camera for use in my RV travels

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gene69
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo Q camera

I would like to buy a Q camera for use in my RV travels . will this camera work for my needs ,. I need to be able to hook up the camera at different RV parks that provide  open and or protected hotspots .

Would it matter if I needed to put a password 1st to connect to the different hot stop ? open vs protected hotspots ?

Do you think I could buy a ATT hot stop router / and use my data plan?  I was told that might be very expensive .  I could justify this setup if I was only charge  for the time ( data fee  )  when I viewed my cameras via my IPhone only .

So not sure if I’m charge for data the whole time the camera will be on ?  Any thoughts on this ?

Gene

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gene69,

This should work as long as you know the SSID and Password to connect the Arlo Q to the public WiFi. If you have issues connecting, you may need to contact the administrator for whoever maintains the WiFi access.

If using a mobile hotspot, data usage will be constant as the Arlo Q will always need to maintain a connection to the Arlo cloud servers.

JamesC

roberthacker1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took my second camera to a different location.  Established a new account, removed the camera from the previous account and hit the reset with a paperclip for 15 seconds until camera reset.  The camera would not load on a different email account on a different internet server in a different state.   Spent 75 minutes with tech support doing the same thing over and over.  Was told that even though I'd removed the camera from previous account, reset camera and created a new account, they still show the camera on the old account....I asked them to remove it from that account.   I was told, "no, we cannot do that, you have to use the camera on the old internet....

That means if you get a new  ISP or email address, you're stuck with a camera that doesn't work....incredible!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you need to do this.  You can simply change the WiFi network in Settings, My Devices, your Q camera, WiFi Network.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

roberthacker1,

I would like to assist you with your support case. Please provide me with the case number you have open with the support team and I will review your case and escalate as needed.

JamesC