Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Qs pushing notifications to my iPhone when motion detected even though edit box not checked

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC Have 5 Arlo Qs running in custom mode to take snapshot when motion detected but do not push or email. Worked for last 5 months. This am, all 5 arlo Qs started pushing notifications to my iPhone when motion detected even though edit box not checked. Same error on iPad. Pushing notification when edit box is not checked. No change in arlo app rev (2.4.9) or iOS rev (10.3.3) linked to change this am. Same problem also happens when standard armed mode is edited to take snapshot with out push or email notification. If recording is selected versus snapshot then functions correct with no push notification as requested. So, appears something has changed on Netgear server which is causing a push notification to always be sent if snapshot is selected regardless of edit box setting. Understand this made not be a common set up but System should function as advertised and "bugs" (my assumption) should be communicated for resolution. Curious if anyone else can replicate this failure.

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not here but have you tried power cycling the cameras?

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. Power cycled but still pushes notification.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic to engineering. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC. Heard back from Tech Support that they got the same error as I described in earlier email. Looks like this is a software issue after all. Pls keep me in the loop once fixed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paddos,

I was able to replicate as well, I've issued a bug on this to engineering.

JamesC

Rachel-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue--was working fine for 8 months and suddenly beginning of this week getting notifications on iphone and ipad when snapshot is taken. Looking forward to a solution on this as I've had to shut alerts off which compromises the value of the system

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC Any update on Arlo Q snapshot firmware bug fix?
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sent request to @JamesC for status on snapshot bug. Surprised more have not noticed the issue ....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paddos,

The engineering team is still working on a fix for this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

JH-91
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still experiencing this problem too. Push notifications are continuing to come in when the Q takes snapshots, even though the checkbox is deselected.
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@DawnM. @JamesC

Arlo Q bug still unresolved. Always pushing notification when snapshot set and push turned off.

Now on Pro with new firmware and 2.5.4 iOS, the new smart will not push notification when motion detected. Will push when person detected but not motion. Does send an email with either person or motion detected.

So now I get push when I don't want from Q and can't get push from Pro when I want ....

Is this another bug? I want push on Pro with motion!!!!! That's what I purchased the system for ....
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Saw you just pushed new firmware to Arlo Q's but the snapshot pushing emails and notifications even when deselected is still not fixed. Seems like a pretty simple thing to correct after several months. What's up????
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paddos,

While the recent release for Arlo Q included several bug fixes, this particular issue was not part of that release. The engineering team is still working on a fix for this issue. I will provide more information when available.

JamesC

Quser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update?  I'm having the same issue with my Arlo Qs (using the Android app), thought it would eventually get fixed, but seems like it is still outstanding.  Defeats the purpose of having these cameras if I can't control notifications individually (I want recording but no notification on some, recording and notificaiton on others).

Quser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this (push notifications being sent even when de-selected?)

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC.

Any update on this firmware fix? Push notifications being pushed even when "unchecked."