Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Qs doesn't show up in devices on Galaxy phone, but

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JCarol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re the model number, my Amazon receipt says it's a Arlo Q HD 3240.

I've had two cameras for over a year, but in the past few months a problem has developed.  Arlo still sends alerts to my Galaxy S4 just fine and the clips show up in my library.  However, the cameras do not appear under Devices in my phone (if I log into the Arlo site via a computer, they show up just fine.)  Rebooting everything doesn't help.  I've tried at least five times.    

Oddly enough, if I uninstall and reinstall the Arlo app on my phone, the devices magically and instantly reappear, but after closing the Arlo app the cameras disappear from my devices once again.  It's very frustrating... 

I'd greatly appreciate assistance on this glitch.  I'm hoping to add two more cameras because I find the live feeds very reassuring, but won't do that unless I can sort this issue out.   

Thanks in advance.  🙂     

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you already uninstalled and reinstalled the app ( first thing I would say to do )

The only other thing I can think of is to use REMOVE DEVICE and then bring back as if new.. ( sync )

If NG after , its a call to Netgear Support...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JCarol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, Tom.  What's so frustrating is that they appear and then disappear on devices but otherwise everything works fine.  

Are you suggesting I remove devices from the phone app and then resync them?  If so, I've already tried that a couple of times.  No lasting joy there either.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

REMOVE DEVICE is in settings of the app, it fully deletes the camera from your account.

If you've done this , your next step sounds like a call to Netgear Support

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Morse is faster than texting!