Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't play live

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
PattiT
Tutor
Tutor

I have several Arlo Q cameras that seem to record ok, but periodically, I am unable to play live video. Even while live is not working, recordings will happen and look fine. From my iphone, the live video just has a "waiting" spinning icon in the center of the screen. On my Windows 7 machine, Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m, the screen is dark grey and nothing shows up.

I have tried rebooting the cameras, and that will sove the problem for a few hours, but inevitably, they go back to being "broken" for live video. I also rebooted my wireless device, which didn't help. My Arlo wireless devices continue to work fine. 

My Q is running 1.8.3.0_9926 firmware.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Patti

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes I've seen a simple change work...on the PC try Fire Fox

Also since the Qs link into your home wifi, how is your data thruput?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
PattiT
Tutor
Tutor

The problem isn't throughput, I don't think. Not all of the cameras have this issue. It is consistently this one camera, occasionally one other. Some of the cameras are fine. 

I could try firefox, but I think it's odd that it also doesn't work on my iphone app (which is current.)

Thanks,

Patti

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes it is odd... but take a look in past threads with a search...

I've seen it work one month fine on Chrome and the next month only on Fire Fox. 

Not to mention, the last IOS app released on 12-22 has been glitchy and a new release is coming very soon

Morse is faster than texting!
PattiT
Tutor
Tutor

It didn't work in IE (shocker, I know) so I downloaded firefox. CHROME was consistently telling me my flash was the lastest version, but firefox complained so I updated the flash. Now it works. Hopefully for more than a day....then I will believe it is fixed (for the PCs.)

Any idea when the iOS app is getting updated?

Thanks,

Patti

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a release note saying it was updated yesterday.