Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
swimdad2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had ATT Fiber for about 3 months and everything was working fine. My TV started messing up so ATT replaced my Router and now my Arlo Cameras will not connect. Everything else in my house connects to the Wifi just fine execpt the Arlo Cameras. I've removed them from my account and started over and nothing. Reset them and nothing, plug them into a new outlet and nothing. I called the tech support and they ask me to contact ATT about security. ATT said everything was fine on their end and it must be Arlo. Very frustrating when your cameras worked this morning and now they don't work with the new router. Called Tech support again with my open case# and the CSR said they would have a different department call me in 3 hours to see if they can help. Just don't understand ALL my other wifi devices work just fine but these Cameras???? I hope SOMEONE can help!! 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you having trouble syncing or is it access afterwards? Don't forget that Arlo is relatively unique compaed to most WiFi devices inasmuch as they need to access the servers and you app does, too. Most devices are download-only while Arlo is pretty much upload-only.

Getting them to sync is local initially. There may be issues if the new router supplies only one SSID for both 2.4and 5GHz bands - others seem to be having that problem although I haven't seen definitively that this is the root of the problem.

The more details you provide, the better.

swimdad2
Aspirant
Aspirant
The problem lies after I select the sync button. I’m getting the chime notification after the QR code and then the camera gives me a buzzer notification after 15-20 seconds and the app says it’s not able to find any devices and ask to try again.
brh
Master
Master

@swimdad2

I was trying to find a post where I was trying to help someone a few days ago, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, this person was having the same problem as you. He/she created a guest account on their router with a simple ssid and password and got the Q back online. Then, working with the isp it was determined that this individual had a vpn that needed to be temporarily disabled until the Q was recognized by the main router ssid. (I think I understood this person's solution).

So at least try the guest account and if that doesn't fix it, request that a technician visit and try to resolve the problem. Also remember that for Arlo, ports 80, 123 and 440 must be open on the router.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@brh wrote:

Also remember that for Arlo, ports 80, 123 and 440 must be open on the router.

That's actually port 443, not 440.  🙂

brh
Master
Master

My bad, typo

Brian