Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
becki
Follower
Follower

Arlo Q won't connect to my phone. And, I am more interested in being able to see it on my laptop for when my receptionist is gone and I'm in the back office. I have attempted, resetting numerous times; I have unplugged it numerous times; I have turned my phone off several times. The Arlo Q will not read the Q code, it only buzzes, no chime. 

What I really want to do is be able to see my arlo q on my laptop, not necessarily on my phone. I have followed the instructions several times, I have read through hours of troubleshooting. I am extremely frustrated. Is it not picking up my wifi? I don't know how to make it connect as it is password protected due to sensitive information. 

Maybe Arlo Q was the wrong buy. I have spent hours trying to figure it out. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't matter where you are or what device you're using - you can see the camera from any location that has an Internet connection. This is because you're not connecting to the camera directly but to the cloud servers. The camera connects to the cloud and so do you. 

Perhaps the issue is that you're trying to set up the camera as if it's new? That won't work as long as it's already configured to an account. In that case, you would simply log into that account from wherever you are.