Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
behar
Follower
Follower

Arlo Q has been signed into on new network (new faster modem) but after set up was all complete it just sits and buffers and no camara action. Any ideas to resolve would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I had some weirdness with my Q. I deleted it from the app and then used a paperclip in the small reset button and re-installed from scratch. Everything now working perfectly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I had some weirdness with my Q. I deleted it from the app and then used a paperclip in the small reset button and re-installed from scratch. Everything now working perfectly.

bmtrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the rest botton you use a paper clip to reset you arlo q on the camera or on the router?

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Small hole on the side if the camera. Use a paperclip.
the reset button needs to be held in excess of 10 seconds. When the reset has been successful you will hear a "click" and the LED will then begin flashing amber after a short pause.
bmtrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

try to reset no luck. I get a messages that says unable to fine your arlo q.  It also says to factory reset your arlo q. Is that what we try to do with the paper clip. This camera used to work I also have a 2nd arlo camera that does the same thing. I made some changes with my equipment but they both work first. I think I lost my wifi and vere since had problems,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you used the reset button, did you also remove the camera from Settings, My Devices? That's likely needed, too.

bmtrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the camera was removed. 

Is there away to check to see if these camera or the base station is running on 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

What base are your referring to?

You can see what band the Q is on by logging into the back end of your router and checking the connected devices.