Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - won't connect to to Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Deepfathoms
Follower
Follower

Have had the Arlo Q for a couple of years. Worked without any issues. Recently kept dropping the wifi - losing connection to wifi. Have tried everything to try and reset it and now cannot if even connect to my router. Initially it was set up to pick up wifi signal from my wifi extender but that began to fail so have been trying to get ti to connect to my router directly with no luck. distance is not an issue. Tried everything the online chats have been recommending - nothing. get the chime and starts searching but never gets discovered. Even checked my routers admin settings to make sure they were good.

2 REPLIES 2
adli3381
Aspirant
Aspirant

model: VMC3040.

Router: Google Wifi and Amplifi HD

Just upgrade my router to the Google Wifi since my old router die, and when i try to connect to network on the existing Arlo Q, it always failed at discovery router.  Arlo Q will just make a deny sound then it stays there.

I have reset the Arlo Q by long press the reset pin for 10 seconds, and the amber light starts to blink, and re-add the Arlo Q, and it also failed at discover router.

Need help serial number:4CD262SH111DF

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an issue with routers that use the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands (dual and triple band routers). Using unique SSIDs for each band may help/