Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

Just bought these last week.  Long time user of regular Arlo cameras and base station.  Porduct came with 4 Arlo cameras, base station and 2 Arlo Q cameras.  All connects fine except the Arlo q cameras.  I have read the other posts and made sure that the password to the local network has not special characters.  Tried reseting the cameras.  Reset the network.  Changed passwords etc.  Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

Ok after weeks of running down different issues.  It seems that the problem was solved when I created a guest network on my local network.  With the help of one of the Arlo operators we were able to immediately connect.  Strongly recommend the Arlo techinical support.  They were excellent in helping solve this issue despite my limited time and busty schedule.  Ended up talking with them at 10pm.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joezarzaur,

Are you getting an error message when attempting to add the Arlo Q to your account? At what point are you running into an issue?

Do you see the same behavior when attempting to connect from both 2.4G/5G? Are you making sure that the device you are using to set up your Arlo Q is on the same network as the Arlo Q?

JamesC

joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

The arlo q cameras are going through the QR code stage and then there is a chime.  Once the search for the network starts it never seems to find the network.  Then there is a buzzer type noise indicating that the attempt to connect failed.  I have done this many many times.  Changed password and also reset cameras several times without success.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joezarzaur,

It may take more in-depth troubleshooting to identify the casue of the issue you are describing. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

ltforester
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same exact issue.  I actually got one camera set up but the other one goes the the validation process, I hear the chime, but then it takes too long to connect and eventually fails.  Were you able to resole this issue?

joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

Ok after weeks of running down different issues.  It seems that the problem was solved when I created a guest network on my local network.  With the help of one of the Arlo operators we were able to immediately connect.  Strongly recommend the Arlo techinical support.  They were excellent in helping solve this issue despite my limited time and busty schedule.  Ended up talking with them at 10pm.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I always wanted a "busty schedule"... 😄
joezarzaur
Guide
Guide

Yes I meant busy but busty sounds better to me too.

stevendeb1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with mine.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which problem?

New cameras may have old firmware which has issues with non-alphanumeric characters in either the SSID and/or passphrase.  The use of a guest WiFi generally uses bland characters so allows the camera to connect and update the firmware.  I believe that there may still be some characters that could cause problems even with the new firmware but don't know that for sure.

If you can, set up the router for a guest WiFi to see if the camera connects ok.  Otherwise, change your existing SSID/passphrase to use only alphanumeric characters and try again.