Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q weak WiFi signal

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Stashu
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q (version 2.4.3) has been working fine for months.  Always with at least 2 or 3 bars of signal strength.

However, lately I'm only getting 1 bar with weak signal and purple lights flashing.  I've tried resetting Arlo and resetting my modem, but no changes.  Other devices in the home such as Ipad show strong signal.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that something was added in the path between the camera and router, such as a mirror or other metallic object that could be weakening the signal?  Try temporarily moving the camera to see if it's the locatipon or the camera.

Stashu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your suggestions.  No, there has been no changes to the path between my modem and camera.

I realize that the distance between the camera and the modem is probably close to the limit (about 40 feet), but it has been working fine until about two weeks ago.

I will also check with my internet provider to see if it's a problem at there end.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Test your upload speed at speedtest.net.

tingopher
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, did you happen to solve this as my two cameras, which haven’t moved for months have suddenly done exactly the same ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tingopher,

Has anything changed with your network that could have introduced interference? Try moving one of your cameras closer to your router, do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC