Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - warning sound if motion detected?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VictoriaJZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q set up in my kitchen to look out that window to the driveway = so I can be in my home office and on my iPHone5s see anyne driving in etc.  For instance, tradesmen coming to work on things, that way I can know they are arriving and go out to mee them etc.  I have the iPhone propped up in front of me on the desk but am not always at my desk, tho am in the room.

I would like to be able to have a small beep or something to alert me that someone has driven or is driving in the driveway so I can check the monitor/iPhone and see what is going on, or just go on out.  Is that possible. I don't need any announcement 'watch out' because the camera is just in the window and there's no need for it.  But for my monitoring ability it'd be nice to have some sort of audible signal.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @VictoriaJZ,

If you wanted to alert you if someone is passing by, you can set up the motion detection alert through the Arlo app. You can read more here on how to set that up: How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras?

Also to mention, if you have your camera set up behind a window, motion detection might not work reliably. You can read more about it here: Does motion detection work through glass or windows?