Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

cannot view live view on any web browser, latest version of flash, enabled and can view other flash websites, tried on firefox, chrome, edge, chrome beta, chrome canary.

this was working last week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED: uninstalled flash security update KB4471331 that was installed 12/05/2018. and now live view works again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running win10/latest firfox or chrome and Q working fine...

You have a flash issue, the newer version of browser toggle it off these days.

Flash not working will not allow live play

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A lesson I just learned is to click on the "click here" selection in the banner about needing a newer version of Flash. It would appear to take you to Adobe but in reality opens a dialogue box that you use to allow Flash to run.

jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

none of your suggestions work. I have already done those things to watch it before. last week it worked doing those things, this week nothing but an overlay saying : connection failed

more info... I'd prefer to use chrome. attempted to view on these chrome versions

it works on osx el capitan but not on windows 10 pro though. and nothing has changed since last week when it did work. (except the standard windows updates of course.)

jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

update: it does work on windows 7 pro. so it has to be something with windows 10 then.

jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED: uninstalled flash security update KB4471331 that was installed 12/05/2018. and now live view works again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmph. I still have that update installed and Flash works in Edge and Chrome.

jamesflint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never said flash didn't work.

flash does fine on other websites, live view does not work with that update installed, could be unique to my system.