Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KimSiri
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Q with CVR.  The sound is not consistent.  Right now it is not working on the live feed.  If I go back and look at the CVR feed, the last 2 days have no sound, the 3rd day has sound, the 4th day has no sound.  I have tried resetting.  It doesn't make sense to me that it works one day and doesn't work the next.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can reboot the Q using the reset button to see if it fixes ( will need to resync )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ryan_McD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I've tried resetting but after a while it went back to having no sound. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried live view and using the mic icon to see if sound is working?

Ryan_McD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've tried both. When I restart the device the live view and the microphone work just fine for about a day. Sometime overnight it loses sound and the live feed and CVR timeline both become slow or impossible to view (mobile or laptop). I have two of these cameras and I have switched them out with each other and continue to have the same issue at the same location. When I switched them out I only switched the cameras themselves and left the existing cords in place. It makes me wonder if its a power issue of some sort. I could try switching the cords as well and see what happens. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Ah, so the location is the issue. Consider repositioning the camera to a different spot, maybe just inches away. Do you get a purple blinking LED at times? That indicates a weak WiFi signal.
Ryan_McD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a full wifi signal at that location and it's wide open. I have tried using a different power outlet as well but that still didn't fix the issue. I will move it a few feet away and see what happens overnight. If it still has issues I am thinking of switching out the USB power converter with my other camera to see if that may be the issue.