Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q record is not recording correctly

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I have just purchased the 2-pack from Costco. One camera has the latest firmware, the other one does not. It is the camera that has an older firmware that is recording the motion triggered event at a time different than the trigger. Example: I set the camera to trigger with motion. I walk past the camera and I get a notification on my phone saying the camera triggered...when I view the recording the entire screen is blank without me walking past the camera. I can only conclude that it is pulling the wrong section of video?? Any ideas? I was able to temporarily fix it by making a custom mode with all the same settings as the default “Armed” mode and that worked but now a day later it is back to recording without the object that triggered the event
8 REPLIES 8
-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an update to the issue. I placed an iPad with a big digital clock face that shows hour:min:sec and the latest trigger shows the time I triggered the motion on the camera but the 15 second video does not show the seconds on the iPad clock display advancing. The time was about one second before the trigger and stayed frozen for the whole 15 second clip. Almost like the video is really just showing a snapshot. Weird
-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
update: with the iPad clock in the view of the camera I walked into the screen at 9:25:20 and out about 9:25:27. The recording that was posted to the library section showed the iPad time starting at 9:24:20 and for most of the 15 second video the iPad time was frozen on 9:24:27. Seems like the time sync is off by a minute?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First step is to get the camera firmware updated. Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure how to resync. The camera is stuck with an amber solid light

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A resync means removing the camera from Settings, My Devices (if present) and holding the reset button on the camera until the LED flashes amber. Use the Add Devcie button to start the syncing process normally.

-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get the camera working again but it is still on the old firmware and does not want to update
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you reset as I suggested above? That usually fixes any firmware update issues.

-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did not work. Netgear is replacing it