Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q not accessible for 10 minutes when live streaming Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo Q showed old image and all controls disappeared. Changing the password did not help. This happened at the same time as noise of someone outside the property, then it was available to stream again but with a delay.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had a few dropouts recently (I don't normally monitor the cameras but was trying some thinngs and noticed short interruptions in connection).  I can't say exactly where the problem was - could have been anything from the ISP to the Arlo servers, with other Internet access working properly.  Sucks when it's right in the middle of wanting to see something but without being able to identify the reason for the drop it's all guesswork.  Since Arlo streams to the servers first we don't have a choice.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustLearning,

Did you see any error messages during the time you could not stream? Were you able to try streaming from a different device (app/browser) to see if it was a browser related issue?

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo has dropped out for sometimes 20 minutes when there appears to be full wifi signal. 'Cameras are inaccessible' the searching dial or 'Please try again' appears. Arlo Q has stopped recording on sound, has never played it back and the microphone still doesn't work. Changing the password and reinstalling the app has not solved the problem. I am using an iPhone.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustLearning,

What is the LED behavior on the Arlo Q when you are seeing these error messages? It could be that the camera is experiencing interference or is too far from the base, take a look here for a definition of each LED behavior: What do the LED lights on my Arlo Q camera mean?

If your Arlo Q content is not recording sound, make sure your Arlo Q microphone/speaker is enabled by navigating to Settings > My devices > select your Arlo Q > make sure microphone/speaker are enabled.

JamesC