Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q no longer recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Denizk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am extremely disappointed that I have now lost CVR capabilities due to a recent software or firmware update.  I have reset the devce, reconnected it all again and still no recording.  I can see motion detection recording but not CVR in the Library.  Seems this is just not an isolated issue.   I am paying a monthly fee and not having the service I need and require.

Firmare:  1.8.0_5551

Here I was telling my wife that she is not turning on the unit, however it is simply not recording any video.  Absoluately nothing.

When is Netgear going to release an update that resolves this problem??

Deniz

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Denizk,

CVR is not stored in the library. CVR can be accessed from the CVR icon on the cameras screen.

For more information on this, take a look at this article: How does the continuous video recording or CVR feature work?

If you are still having trouble accessing CVR, considering checking to make sure CVR is still enabled on your Arlo Q.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Manage Camera status. From here, make sure your Arlo Q occupies an active slot containing CVR.

JamesC

Denizk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

It is not about the library or locating the short clips.  That is simple enough.  The issue is that there is no recordings on my timeline, when I go to view them.  My plan has 30days CVR.  I have been in contact with the L2 support and they acknowledge there is an issue.  I am sure it will be escalated to L3 by Monday.  

Please be advised:   I have managed to identify an issue which impacts both browser access to arlo and via iOS app.  If I use these tools/app, there will be no recording on my timeline when activated through the browser and iOS app.   When I go to my android phone and use the Arlo app there.  I need to ensure this app, turns the camera on initially and has not been activated by other means (iOS or arlo portal).  Then i can see recordings in my timeline, but then again.  The recording quality has been impacted by recent changes by arlo team.  

The recent updates to the iOS app and the Arlo web portal has broken this ability which is a complete mess.  I have not seen an arlo update for the android app which is good as I do not want it to follow iOS and web portal problems.  Please provide the feedback to the support team as I am doing the same when I reconnect.  There is some serious coding issues on the backend that need to be resolved. 

Deniz

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Denizk,

Thank you for the follow up. I would like to review the case you have open with the support team. Please private message me the case number and I will offer any additional feedback I can on your case.

JamesC