Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
supaflyz
Guide
Guide
Is the arlo Q night vision weaker than the arlo wireless. I have two wireless that are hook up in locations without any lights and I'm still able to see things using live view or it detects motion. The arlo Q is indoor and I have my aquarium lights on and I could barely see a thing or it has trouble detecting motion.
12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

make sure the IR lights are toggles on...

I've found the Q to be slightly better than the Arlos.. prob due to ac power

If ng, contact Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

Can you clarify further Tom?  What toggles?  I see the red lights are on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Night vision toggle.  If you see the LEDs, it's on.

supaflyz
Guide
Guide
I might have to reinstall mine. I have some light sin on my house at night and could barely see anything. My two wireless arlo is outdoor with no lights at all and no moon and I can still able to see
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

supaflyz,

Try uploading a screenshot of what the Arlo Q is seeing at night. We may be able to tell you if the behavior is expected or not based on that.

JamesC

supaflyz
Guide
Guide

This is with the windows blind up and sunny outside. You can see the light front the windows. If I pull the window down the. The ceramic can't see a thing. Just a few inches from live view. I literally have to have my hand right in front of it for it to detect motion.  The arlo wireless outside has no light near it but still able to detect motion. 

supaflyz
Guide
Guide

Screenshot_2016-06-06-16-13-01.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think your issue is similar to mine. I'm shooting through a living room windows and the interior lighting was setting the camera as if it were viewing the living room as opposed to outdoors. I ended up fashioning a box over the camera as well as a piece of heavy paper to try to shield the camera from indoor lighting. It's only partially successful since the storm window reflects light but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. When we go to bed, the lights are off and visibility is much better.

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sometime my night vision would be turned on when I have it off. I had to turn it on and off to resolve the issue of being on in the first place. Not sure why it was on when I had it off
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had a couple of trouble tickets on this in the past.  I haven't had it for a while now so I'm not sure what to tell you.  What firmware is installed?

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
1.8.0_5551
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sometimes during sw updates the settings get toggled back on... It's happened once or twice to me.  I usu check them now and then.

( and yes it looks like reflected light from in the room )

Morse is faster than texting!