Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
DJCummins99
Star
Star

Sometime between 11 pm and 1 am, every night, one time only, there is a loud snapping noise recorded on the Arlo Q in my basement. At first I was sure a mouse trap had gone off, but there is no indication of anything happening in my basement. I'm wondering if there is something about my furnace, but I can't imagine how it would happen, and happen only once a night in that block of time. Could it be the Arlo Q itself? It's far louder than the crackling and popping noises people have discussed.

I have attached a video file with four nights of occurences. At the end of the fourth one if you turn the volume up high, there is a small bumping noise.

What could this be?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick possibility would be to move the cameraa to another floor to see if it still happens.

StaticCrusher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a similar thing going on with an Arlo Q, loud 'click' in the middle of the night, camera records motion that isn't there. Watching the (my) videos only shows a change from night vision to a clearer regular lit picture, no motion what so ever. It turned out to be a computer located in the same room waking up and turning on the computer monitor that had been asleep. The light change probably produced a massive pixel change in the Q imaging, resulting in motion being detected. I'm not sure what the click was, it sounded a lot like a camera click, but in testing the wakeup sequence of the computer, the noise is not produced by the computer. It's almost as if the Q put the noise in the recording as it switched from infra red to a very low light source quickly. 

Although; your video's are not here, you might want to look for a (timed) change in a light source, even off screen, that could be effecting the camera making it switch from night vision to regular...

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

The "c;ick" might be the Q switching modes e.g. night vision.....  happens on my unit