Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q loud Snapping sound around each 50 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EagleEye2019
Follower
Follower
Dear supplier,
I have acquired your Arlo Q camera which offers a great vision and high resolution. However, the camera has been recording “clicks” in manual mode. I have around 10 clicks recorded daily as detection of sounds. What do you recommend me to avoid this click or snapping ?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @EagleEye2019,

Could you clarify the "clicking" noise? Is this coming from the camera? You can try to adjust the audio sensitivity or turn off the audio detection (if not needed). You can change this setting here: How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

SteveL2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

I have two Q's setup, both internally generate a clunk sound, much like a relay closing or flipping a light switch type of sound.  It occurs randomly on both cameras though it seems to occur more on one camera than the other.  Occurs during the day and night.  Turning off night vision didn't help.  Same with turning down the audio level sensitivity.  The only solution I've found to prevent false audio alarm triggers is to turn audio trigger off which I don't want as I want to detect the smoke alarms.