Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q for outdoor use?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KonaDave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey gang,

I need a wired camera as I am often many months away from home and do not want to run out of batteries.  It seems the wireless Arlo is weather proof and the wired Arlo Q is not.  What to do?  Has anyone used their Arlo Q outdoors?  Suggestions?  My environment is not harsh: Hawaii.  But it does occasionally rain 😉 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes Arlo Q is not designed for outdoor use.
I would recommend the Arlo pro as the camera can be charged 24/7 when mounted outside.
Keep in mind that the power cable and adapter is not waterproof and therefore should stay dry.
There is only one power cable and adapter so if you need more than one included your have to buy additional cables / adapters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes Arlo Q is not designed for outdoor use.
I would recommend the Arlo pro as the camera can be charged 24/7 when mounted outside.
Keep in mind that the power cable and adapter is not waterproof and therefore should stay dry.
There is only one power cable and adapter so if you need more than one included your have to buy additional cables / adapters.

KonaDave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!  So glad I asked before I bought.