Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Q: end time of videos is several hours long when recording is a few seconds

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Samwel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Pros, with base station and 2 Arlo Qs.

When I check the video for my Arlo Q, it will show in the library that there is a clip that is usually 15-25 seconds. When I click on the video, it starts playing, but shows an end time of something like 6+ hours.  For example, if the video is 20 seconds, it will play the 20 seconds, and then just freeze on the last frame while the time continues to tick forwards presumably up to 6 hours.

Even if it records something at 12:00 pm and I check it at 12:01 pm, it will show me a 20 second clip but the video player says the video is 6 hours long.

To be clear, the time of the video is accurate in the library. It is just that the end time is innacurate in the video player. This makes it practically impossible to scroll forward or backward through the video.

This didn't happen for the first 4-6 weeks that I had the Arlo Qs, and now it happens about 90% of the recordings.

It doesn't happen at all on the Arlo Pros.

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Samwel
Aspirant
Aspirant

One additional note - it happens in both the iPhone app video player and in the Desktop app video player (using Chrome).

brh
Master
Master

@Samwel

I believe that after the latest firmware update for these cameras many people were experiencing this problem. I think that Arlo feels that the problem has been resolved on their servers, so I would contact support so that they know some people are still experiencing these problems. There is a green banner below to contact Support.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Samwel,

The Arlo Engineering team is currently working hard toward a resolution for this issue and hopes to have a fix available soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience as we work on a resolution.

JamesC