Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q does my Arlo Q have some kind of smart detection sensor?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NEW042016
Aspirant
Aspirant

I posted this already in the Arlo wire free, apology in advance for originally submitting to the wrong forum;

Hello to all, I have used Arlo for several years with no issues, I recently added an Arlo Q to my system.

I recently traveled and set an old fashioned digital on/off timer on my living room light, on at 8:00PM - off at 10:00 PM, my normal schedule.

Night one, at 8:00 PM sharp my ARLO Q notofied me of motion, I quickly figured out it was related to my living room lights coming on.  Night two I had the same thing happen at 8:00 PM.

Here is the odd part, nights 3 - 7 while I was gone, it never happened again, which leads me to believe the ARLO Q has some kind of learning mode?

I know the Q uses a pixel detection but I am perplexed by the above situation, thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had my Q trigger when a wireless camera turns on its IR lamps. Whether it happens every time, I don't know but I don't think so.

AFAIK, there's no learning algorithm involved. I suppose it could simply be a trigger threshold that's on the hairy edge. Try adjusting your modes so the sensitivity is decreased by, say, 5 and see if that makes a difference.