Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q constant amber light

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RVJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a new Arlo Q and trying to add it to my network. When plugged in amber light appears constantly. It has never reached "blinking amber light" stage. I have tried factory reset (which does not work - i.e. camera will not reset / reboot ) and unplugging, waiting for a while and then restarting. Still has constant amber light. Do let me have a solution please. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd return the camera to the store and swap for a new one.  If outside of the return policy, create a trouble ticket using the Support link here to get an RMA.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd return the camera to the store and swap for a new one.  If outside of the return policy, create a trouble ticket using the Support link here to get an RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RVJ,

When attempting to factory reset the Arlo Q, the reset button must be held on the camera until you hear a "click" and the camera reboots.

If you are still having issues after attempting a factory reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

RVJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to both of you. I had already attempted to reset the camera and despite holding down the reset button for a long time (>30s) on more than 5 occassions, resigned to call the tech team at the shop I purchased it. They were great. Arranged a refund, collection of defective camera and redelivery of a new one. The new one is installed, works fine and seems to be stable!