Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q cannot reset or connect, even after factory reset. It makes a raspberry noise

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Pikachu-8
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was working fine, and my other Arlo baby, but somehow Arlo Q stopped working, so the only option was to remove the device as I could not restart it. I knew once I remove it, there will be trouble ahead.

I did a factory reset, by inserting a pin into reset hole for 25-36 seconds, until I heard a beep and amble light came on and flash, so flashing amber. Removed my app and reload, enter my home wifi password, I sat next to router 2m away, press sync, it went blue light, turn on the barcode, it scanned, and it beep. Then I waited and waited and then Arlo Q gave a raspberry noise and went back to flashing amber. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
Pikachu-8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found out why, Arlo did another bad update meaning it did not cover all, so when I try to connect to wifi, it was unknown SSD. Luckily have some old mobiles with the old arlo, so I could connect it as it recognise my home wifi. I do not bother with update Arlo as there are so bad, and needs long time before it is bug-free.