Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ethorson
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo base station with 4 wireless cameras.  I am trying to add an Arlo Q to my network.  My router is a Netgear 6300 to which my Arlo base station is attached via cable.  The Arlo Q unit blinks yellow, then when I hold the sync button down it flashes blue.  At that point I point the camera at the image on the computer screen the unit makes a chiming sound and the unit tries to connect to the network.  It tries for about a minute and then makes a DahDum sound and goes back to flashing yellow.  I have also tried to use the WPS on my Netgear router to make a connection.  That also tries to connect, after a while it times out and I get a screen instructing me to reset the Arlo Q using a paper clip. I have tried that and nothing works.  I am using Windows 10 Pro with the latest drivers.  The other Arlo cameras are working fine.  Can I get some help?

58 REPLIES 58
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try using the reset button to start fresh.  Also, be absolutely sure you're using the correct spelling, including caps, for BOTH SSID and passphrase.

shli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem when trying to setup my Arlo Q from my computer using a browser.

I entered both Network Name and password correctly (both case-sensitive), but no luck.

Then I decided to use Arlo App on my iPhone, where the Network Name is already shown

in the App, so I only need to enter the password. And it works. My Arlo Q is detected by the system.

I also tried Arlo App on my Android tablet, it also works. Hope this helps.

isiahmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello guy I had same problem Arlo Q did not connect.  I have a mac and a Time capsule Wifi.  What I did to get my Arlo Q to connect is I opened Air port utility open time capsule click edit go to wireless enable guest network with none network security.  basically turn off your pasword and open your wifi then connect your arlo Q.  it should connect very easy then it will have you up date its firmware then all i did is turn off my guest wifi and connect my iphone back to my password protected wifi and it all works now no thanks to arlo support

Dangergirluk1
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 2 days here is the solution that worked for me. First the arlo q plus was not blinking amber when powering on, instead it was a steady amber light. I created a guest network on my router, the ssid was all lower case, no password and no security. I then connected the device that I was using to add the camera, my iPad, to the same network. Then I held the reset button on the camera for about 10 seconds until it rebooted...after which the Amber light did flash. I proceeded to add the device on my iPad....and bam it connected with no problem. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the reset is what it needed in the first place.  Whatever works...  🙂

Psyco666
Tutor
Tutor
The arlo q don't connect to your base station just go to add device and select the arlo q or q plus and follow the instructions I had the wireless ones with the base station but got the arlo q plus it's got the choice for wireless or eathernet which is better
stevendeb1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. And yes, I typed in the correct password and I don't have any nimbers or symbols in my passwords. It will chime and then spin and spin. Very disappointing. I have had this for a little while - tried to set up then, got distracted with the holidays, and now I have passed the return date to get my money back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Waiting to resolve an issue usually isn't the best way to go. A quick trip to the store would have resolved this early on. Now, a warranty claim is needed - use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages to open a case.
RJ11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having an issue connecting and found that using the phone application worked best. Also, if you're using a Windows operating system you may need to disable the firewall or add an exception.