Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - before buying questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dhruv26186
Follower
Follower

Hi , I am about to buy ARLO Q camera. I already have 4 Arlo Wireless cameras and now due to Battery constrains i want to buy ARLO Q : Can some one please confirm on below?

- Will Arlo Q automatically connects back/sync up automatically if Wifi gets restarted (While i am not at home)

- Will arlo Q automatically connects back/sync up automatically if Power failiure occurs for a minute  (While i am not at home)

Reason for asking this because, these two scenarios are likely yo happen when you on holiday and i expect Arlo to recover on its own rather than asking neighbour to come and fix is again.

Please confirm.

PS: I very well know that Arlo battery operated cameras recover on its own after Wifi failure and sync up automatically once wifi comes back......but Arlo Q, i need to know these ...

Regards,

Dhruv

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, they should connect automatically after power or WiFi outages.

A solution to this is to use a UPS/battery backup that your modem, router (and base, if you have the wireless cameras) plug into to prevent loss of power and, hence, loss of WiFi.  Of course, unless you use a Q+ with PoE, loss of power will affect the Q camera itself.