Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Q and Orbi satellite connection issues (will not connect with Arlo camera)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
geroyg
Follower
Follower

Hello,

As one of my Arlo Qs, had poor wifi connection, I replaced single router by ORBI ROuter+Sattelite system.

The Sattelite is close to Arlo, however it refuses to connect to the sattelite and keeps connecting to teh router wich is fairly distant and thus my connection to this camera didnt improve at all...:\

How I can get it to conenct to Sattelite and not to teh main router?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@geroyg

I have had that problem with my Skybell doorbell which is much closer to the satellite than to the router and has a much stronger sgnal. Usually when I re-sync the doorbell, it will connect to the satellite and the the connection will go from Poor to Good. It will last that way for awhile then every time my ISP provider does maintenance on the line, it will switch back to the router again. It appears that since the router comes online first, then the satellites, the devices connect to the router first then the router determines the best signal and switches the devices to the strongest signal. Everything goes to the correct satellite except for the Skybell. I don't know of a permanent fix for this, but in the meantime, try power cycling your camera and see if that fixes it.

Brian