Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Won't Connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jagd757
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q has been an issue since day one when it comes to connecting to the base and syncing through WIFI. The wireless Arlo cameras all connect fine but the Arlo Q will disconnect. When new it would last almost all day but at some point in the middle of the night it would disconnect. I have to go unplug the power and plug back in to get it connected. The camera is about one year old and now this problem happens after one hour of being connected. Anyone else having these same issues?

5 REPLIES 5
jagd757
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is an image of what I get. Recently one of the wireless cameras has been failing as well.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q camera does not hook into the base unit, it connects to you home wifi only...

By any chance is the led flashing purple now and then ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jagd757
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for response... no flashes. It usually goes blank for the LED indicator.

MTnope
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has completely stopped connecting to my network for no reason and now it's a brick.  After multiple resets and trying other networks, I've given up.

I'd suggest getting your replaced under warranty before it's too late, like mine.

Worst support I've ever received for a product. Pretty unbelievable and unreliable.

jagd757
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would have to agree that Arlo customer service and support is not good at all. They actually replaced it once and even after it was replaced it was not working right I tried getting them to exchange for a wireless one (which is cheaper) and Arlo would not do it. I have been dealing with the camera. Now I think it is officially time to throw it away. I just hate the fact that I need to buy their product again. Thanks for your response.