Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q White Noise

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

Just set up a Arlo Q in my living room and its picking up a lot of white noise.  Any ideas?  I decreased the speaker volume from 100 to 50% and it seemed to help slightly.

Also is there a way to set the Arlo Q to record for 300 seconds on Schedule mode?  It seems the only way I can access that setting is if I do a Custom mode, but by doing that I lose the ability to schedule times for it to be active during the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't set a schedule in modes/rules - you do that after creating the mode/rule bu editing the schedule.

You also can't add rules because there's only one camera that you can configure with a Q camera.  There's no way to add a rule to any other camera but you can create a new mode with an appropriate rule that can be scheduled at a different time than the other(s).  Only one mode can be active in a schedule at once so you'd create, say, a daytime mode and a nighttime one to add into the schedule so that the schedule switches appropriately.  Any time in the schedule with no mode associated means the camera is disarmed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A factory reset might help the noise issue. Press reset until the camera LEDs flash. Reconnect the camera and see if that helps.

A custom mode can certainly be scheduled. Why do you think they can't?

Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

I will try the reseting the camera for the audio.   As for the scheduling,  if I make a custom rule there is no option to set a schedule time of day.  My only options are if video or audio is detected then record.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And then you use the schedule to insert your mode(s).

Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

See that my problem.  I cant do that.  I created a new rule.  And I cant add multiple rules.

I click the Arlo Q under Mode.  Select Add a Mode, Select the Device,   Then it says: How would you like (Arlo Q) Living Room to activate? I select sound and motion.  THen it gives me the option to adjust sensativity or select zones, nd then an option to record and notifications.  There is no way to select a schedule or additonal rules.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't set a schedule in modes/rules - you do that after creating the mode/rule bu editing the schedule.

You also can't add rules because there's only one camera that you can configure with a Q camera.  There's no way to add a rule to any other camera but you can create a new mode with an appropriate rule that can be scheduled at a different time than the other(s).  Only one mode can be active in a schedule at once so you'd create, say, a daytime mode and a nighttime one to add into the schedule so that the schedule switches appropriately.  Any time in the schedule with no mode associated means the camera is disarmed.

Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, I figured it out.  Appreciate all the info.  So I didn't realize if you go to schedule, if you click on the arrow at the top where it says Armed, you can change that to the mode you added.  That is where my confusion was.