Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - What are the proper steps to move a working Arlo Q camera to a different Wifi router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zippy_m
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I got a new Arlo Q working with my office Wifi router. It works ! However, in a few days I have to move the Arlo Q to a different location with a different Wifi router. What are the steps that I need to take to move the Arlo Q ? This is the steps that I figure out so far. 1. Go into the Arlo Software and remove the device. 2. Move the Arlo Q to new location with new Wifi Router. 3. Perform the normal setup steps at new location. Is that it ? Do I need to do a hard reset on the Arlo Q ? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The steps you list should work fine.  It's similar to switching from a 2.4GHz WiFi to 5GHz.  If all else fails for some reason, a reset should help but I can't imagine that would be needed normally.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The steps you list should work fine.  It's similar to switching from a 2.4GHz WiFi to 5GHz.  If all else fails for some reason, a reset should help but I can't imagine that would be needed normally.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The easiest way I have found is the following:

1. Press the sync button on the camera until the LED starts flashing blue.

2. From the web app, go into "settings" for the camera and click on the arrow next to "wifi network".  At this point, it will proceed through the wizard in the same way as if you were connecting a new camera.

zippy_m
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Thanks.  Got it going with the same steps. 

Working now.