Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Viewing more than one person

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DC10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Im hoping someone out there can help me.I was thinking of purchasing the arlo q

I have a senior mother and I need to have a camera to keep an eye on her .

I have heard many good reviews about about the arlo q.

My main question is,can two(has to be Two for sure)or more people view it and in live mode as well?

I need a camera that can be viewed by my wife and myself at the same time

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  Be sure that the second person uses a guest account instead of the main account since only one person/device using the main account can be connected at one time.  Use of the guest account (once set up, you'd use Settings, Grant Access to get this going) can be used concurrently with the main account.  Only one at a time can use live view, AFAIK.

DC10
Aspirant
Aspirant

could you try the live view with more than one person and tell me the result?

thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I tried live viewing using the master account and a guest account simultaneously with no problem.

DC10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your reply .

i really appreciate your help.

I do have one more question about the live view.

Is it possible to record live on one or both soruces (phones) and for how long?

oh actually i do want to ask you what your review or opinion of the arlo q is ?

Thanks

D

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've recorded on a Q for well over 30 minutes (I forget - maybe it was over an hour).  Very large video so not really recommended without a real reason but doable.  Netgear may limit you on file size but that wasn't tested.

My opinion of the Q is that it works fine in my usage.  It's not perfect nor, I suspect, is any other camera. It's for indoor use and works well for that.  If wanting to use it to monitor outdoors, protection is needed and the angle of view is too wide.  Would I get another one?  Yes, as long as I defined its usage and my needs in advance.  YMMV.

DC10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I just wanted to thank you again for your help, time and energy.

It is very much appreciated.

Any other hints you could help us with?

My wife and I want to get at least one camera for our home to make sure

our mother is safe and we feel comforable being away.

You helped us greatly in the questions we had and it will make purchasing this camera a great experience

Thanks Again

D

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just follow the instructions fully and you should have few, if any, issues.  The primary considerations are WiFi signal strength (might need to choose camera position carefully depending on house construction, wireless device interference, etc.) and the WiFi setup on the router (make sure the SSID and passphrase use only alphanumeric characters, no spaces, punctuation, etc.).