Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q (VMC3040) - cannot create IFTTT recipe with Arlo in "then that" step

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
D_Moore
Follower
Follower

I'm trying to set up an IFTTT recipe to arm my Arlo Q (VMC3040) whenever I set my Abode Gateway to "Away" mode. I have connected my IFTTT account to both my Abode and Arlo services. When I create the "if this" step using the Abode service, everything loads fine. However, once I get to the "then that" step and select Arlo, I'm able to choose an action, but my device list fails to load. This happens on both the mobile app and browser version of IFTTT. 

In the browser version, whenever I go to the devices page, it looks like https://ifttt.com/stored_fields/options?resolve_url=/stored_fields/actions/arlo.arm/device_name/opti...> returns an HTTP 404.

Oddly enough, if I flip the order and set Arlo to my "if this" service and select an action, I see my camera listed in the device list. https://ifttt.com/stored_fields/options?resolve_url=/stored_fields/triggers/arlo.motion/device_name/...> returns an HTTP 200. Carrying out this test a bit further, I put Abode as the "then that" service and, although I didn't finalize the recipe, there doesn't appear to be any issues. Of course flipping the order does not provide the recipe that I'm trying to make, so I really need this to work with Arlo as the "then that" service.

Arlo Q firmware version: 1.8.3.1_14872

Arlo app version: 2.4.6_18293

OS (mobile): Android v. 7.0

OS (laptop): Windows 10

Browser (laptop): Chrome 63.0.3239.84

This seems like a bug, and I'm not sure if this is the best place to report it, but I was hoping someone on here could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Gio72
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue for me. Last week the error was 500, today is 404 but I still cannot make a ‘then’ action because device list combo doesn’t load my devices.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect again to arlo service but nothing changes. Thanks in advance
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Gio72
Initiate
Initiate

Meanwhile I opened an issue also to IFTTT support and here their last answer in the following. They say they put in contact with your service and the next action stands by Arlo side. 

Thanks for your update and regards

giovanni

Support (IFTTT) - ticket 27340

Jan 2, 15:15 PST

Hi there,

We're currently having issues with the Arlo service, you can follow along on our status blog for updates about the issue: status.ifttt.com. I hope that things will be up and running with it soon, but there's currently no estimate of when that might happen, as Arlo needs to take action to fix the issue. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

The IFTTT Team